Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 4 Egg whites ( Large)
- 1/2 Cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup diced walnuts ( If desired)
- Pinch of baking powder
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Shredded coconut for garnish
- Honey if desired for added sweetness
- This recipe makes 8-10 pancakes
- Mash 4 ripe bananas in a bowl until it reaches a purée.
- Stir in egg whites (keep the yokes separate) of 4 large eggs and mix together with the mashed bananas.
- Add in a pinch of baking powder and mix together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place finely chopped walnuts and blueberries in separate bowls and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium low heat adding 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil ( or another desired oil of choice).
- Place ¼ cup of batter on the frying pan creating a circular shape.
- Immediately add 1-2 teaspoons of chopped walnuts and 3-4 blueberries to the top of the pancake, allowing it to cook on bottom side for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the bottom side is nicely browned, flip the pancake over frying on that side for 1-2 minutes or until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat this process adding additional oil to the pan ensuring the pancakes do not stick.
- Serve pancakes warm with additional blueberries , walnuts, shredded coconut, and honey if desired for added sweetness.