Healthy Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoon Balsamic
- 155g/1 cup Yellow Pepper
- 155g/ 1 cup Shallots
- 95g/ 3/4 cup Courgette
- 150g/ 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 10-15g / 1/4cup Fresh Basil
- 3 Sprigs of fresh Coriander
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons Basil
- Just under 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3 large handfuls/1 cup fresh Spinach
- 90g/ 1/2cup Black Beans
- 2.5 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/ 220C/425F/ and lightly oil a baking tray with parchment baking paper laid ontop.
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms, and remove the stems and discard. With a spoon, gently remove the dark brown gills from the underside of the mushrooms, and discard.
- Mix together lime juice and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and evenly spread over the 4 prepared mushrooms; place them on the baking tray and roast mushrooms in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Cut all the veg up into small cubes and place them in separate containers. Heat 2 tablespoon of chicken broth in a frying pan over medium-high heat. As the broth begins to sputter, add the cubed yellow pepper, shallots, courgette and cook while stirring for 4 to 5 minutes, adding broth as needed to prevent burning/sticking.
- Stir in the fresh basil, coriander cayenne pepper, and garlic, and cook while stirring for another minute. Last, stir in the spinach, black beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce and continue to stir until the spinach is wilted and there is no liquid in the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps firmly, mounding it a little on the top. Bake uncovered for 22 to 24 minutes, until the top starts to brown. Serve as is, garnished with fresh basil or other desired garnishing.