Delicious Veggie Curry
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup (110g) Water
- 1 cup (90g) mushrooms
- 1 cup (170g)Sweet Potato
- 1cup (70g) Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 of a Cayenne pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup (60-110g) Chicken Broth (to be used in place of oil)
- 1 cup (110g) Shallots
- 1.5 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon gram madras
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ (110g) cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup (50g) tomato paste
- ½ cup (6-7g) chopped cilantro
- 3 handfulls (1 cup) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup ( 110g) coconut milk
- Place 60g (1/2cup) cashews and 1/2 cup (110g) water into a bowl or blender and then set aside.
- Prep all the veg( mushrooms, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, shallots, and cayenne pepper) copping into small pieces before starting with step 3.
- Place the diced mushrooms and sweet potatoes into a pan over medium heat along with 3 Tablespoons chicken broth and let them cook for 5-7 minutes then add the diced cauliflower and continue to cook/fry the veg adding more chicken broth as needed to ensure the veg do not burn. Cook until all the veg is tender and set aside off heat.
- While the veg is cooking place 2 Tablespoon of Chicken broth into a frying pan over medium-high heat. Let the broth sputter, then add the shallots. Stir and cook the shallots for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they start to become translucent. Add the grated ginger, garlic, spices, and lime juice and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes – adding more broth as needed. Stir in the tomato paste and (110g) ½ cup chicken broth.
- Add this shallot, garlic, spice mixture to the blender of water and cashews. Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the blended sauce into the dish of veg (sweet potato, cauliflower, and mushrooms) Stir in the spinach, coconut milk, and cilantro. Heat on low and stir curry for 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted and the curry is hot and ready to serve.
- Enjoy over rice or on its own.